Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, July 20, 2007

I've been bitten by the clothing line 'BITTEN'

I have to say I am smitten, and feel oh-so-pretty. Ok, maybe I'm gushing a bit...because although I like to wear clothes (or affordable, PRETTY clothes), never go on and on about a certain line. However, I have to say Sarah Jessica Parker is a genious, coming out with 'her very own, AFFORDABLE' colthing line, BITTEN.
A friend of mine had told me about a week ago that Sarah Jessica Parker had come out with a line of clothes, where everything is LESS than $20.00 Woo-hoo, affordable clothing, I thought. Is it an urban legand or was it true. And also, SJP is like 90 pounds soaking wet, would she actually have clothing under her name which fits REAL-SIZED women? Because, according to the press release on Bitten, the sizes ran from sizes 2-22. Now, I'm not a size 22....but mom is plus-sized, so this would be something fun for her. And with my weight fluctuating, it is hard for me to find TRUE size mediums or 10's.
So last Sunday; mom, Ida and I treked out to the store (which is great in itself) Steve & Barry's http://www.steveandbarrys.com/ The store have VERY AFFORDABLE clothing for both men and women, ranging from infant age to the professional (grown-up.) we went straight for the SJP Bitten area, and mom and I both attacked the racks (looking for clothes to take with us on vacation next month.) P.S. I spent more money than I wanted to, but got a bunch of stuff.
Going back to Bitten, I got a pair of cuffed capri blue jeans, a cotton navy blue top w/cap sleeves, and a pair of khaki capri pants, and a pair of white LINED eyelet shorts. (Not from the Bitten line, I walked away with a tee shirt, a pair of shorts (for me) and a skirt and purse for Ida.)
All I can say to Sarah Jessica Parker is KUDOS on having this clothing line. Because everything is VERY COMFORTABLE. Today I am wearing my capri blue jeans, and the blue cotton top. I paired it with my ecru mules, and feel very Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & The City.
This is one clothing line that I look forward to seeing what will come in the future. And oh, MOST IMPORTANT....sizes. They run true to size, or slightly bigger.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home