Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Squirrel is driving me NUTS

I don't know why I am posting this stuff about Squirrel here, instead of on the dating blog I had started back in the day. I guess because I feel most comfortable here, and don't know if I should even bother with posting on that site, as maybe those situations were jinxed because of that type blog. NUTS, right?
So bare with me as I ponder the acts of like/lust/and possible beginnings of love (OK, way ahead of myself here on that one.) But Squirrel has me going nuts because I am too chicken to take a step and ask away. A few posts back I asked the age-old question of 'how do you know if someone is interested in you.' Well, shortly after I had posted that, I found out that Squirrel does like me, really like me on some level. We had gone to a happy hour a few weeks back, and well...let's just say that Orelinde had a situation presented to her and she took it. I know....I KNOW! what was I thinking (actually nothing other than it felt good.) What was I doing (errrmmm, the act that I hadn't participated in for a very, Very, VERY long time with someon I was highly attracted to.) And Squirrel was so cute about it too. He tried to not jump on me, and go slowly. We fell asleep, and I woke up in the early morning, and skipped out as I had something to do the following morning at an ungodly hour.
But this post isn't about my sordid first activity with him. Because after that night, the following week, he took me to dinner (and ok, we wound up repeating our activities afterward.) But afterwards, he is so sweet, and tender, and gentle. He has (had) informed me that he is 'happy', we share secrets about ourselves. A few nights after that, we got together, had gone to a movie, and had dinner at his house, and hung with his roommates for a bit before having alone time. And of course I was informed that if I wanted a meaningful relationship with Squirrel, having THE SEX with him on the first night, or every time we get together is not the way to go about it. Claire has told me, big bro Nelson has told me. Fuck...even Cousin Dee has scolded me, and above anyone I would think she would be like 'you go get yours.'
Then things cooled off considerably. We went for coffee one night, and were supposed to do something then he got sidetracked on a project and I left him because he 'felt bad that I was bored.' We retty much didn't see one another all last week, although in Squirrel's defense, and as a tribute to him, I have to say that when he says he will call me, he does. I had texted him one night (biting the bullet), saying I missed him, the following morning I got a text back saying he missed me too. Last Friday I went for cocktails with some friends, and wound up going to his place after, to hang out. Well plans didn't work out as he got called away on an errand. Again I admitted to missing him, as he was holding me in his arms, and he confessed the same too. Then I went the extra-step and said 'you're so full of shit', to see if he was saying it just because I had said it first. He pulled back, looked in to my eyes, and repeated that he misses me, and that why wouldn't he know how he felt. He was slightly drunk too when I got to his house, and I thought that was a GOOD thing, as I could have tried to get some facts out of him. Facts that I am dieing to find out. I even told him that I had gone to his house with questions, but was leaving with them unanswered. Questions such as: (a) What is exactly going on between us- is it just sex? (b) are we friends w/ bennies? (c) is he 'hanging' out with any other women? (d) does he think we're dating? (e) will this progress to dating? (f) is there any future in this?
I figured if he was crocked and I was not, that he may be more willing to be truthful. He has told me in the past that I could ask him anything. I am just too chicken. And ladies, we all know how men are. You ask them a question, and they get all....well squirrely. (This is not how he got his nickname.) So what do I do? Just bite my lip and stay the course? Open my mouth and see what happens when I question? Or just try to get him relly drunk and find out the truth then?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home