Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Freak cooking accident

They say that accidents often happen in close proximity of your home. And sometimes you also hear about freak accidents taking place. Well, over this past weekend I experienced a freak cooking accident while in my home. I swear, my new nickname should be 'Lucy' as in 'I Love Lucy' or even 'Shep' as in 'The Three Stooges.'

Saturday I had a housewarming party to go to, and I volunteered to bake cupcakes. Yummy, scrummy cupcakes actually. And of course I had my little buddy Lola in the kitchen, under foot hoping to maybe get a lick of cake batter or ware me down with her cute puppyness. I wouldn't let her though. (A) Because one batch of cupcakes had rum in the recipe, and (B) the second batch were chocolate. Both no-no's for a dog, let alone puppy of her size. I also ran out of cupcake wrappers in the jumbo size, so needed to run out to the store...plus was running out of time to get everything done.

Well! Just as I turned from the sink to put something (I forget what it was) on the kitchen table, I bumped in to Lola. Not wanting to step on her foot, I was shifting me balance in all different directions, because I just knew I was going down (you know, like how you just sometimes know something...I knew I was hitting the ground.) And I did. But I didn't just fall on my ass. No, because if I'd have just fallen on my ass, it would have just been my ego bruised, and wouldn't make for such a freak accident.

No, as I was shifting my balance, I pitched forward, and smashed my face in to the spindle on top of the kitchen chair. Thankfully, yet it was still mad painful the spot I smashed was the part between my lower lip, and chin. (What would that be called?) Then I whacked my forearm against the chair as I went down and landed on my ass. Ida came running as I had yelled owe when I hit my face, Lola went running, thinking I'd beat her for making me fall, and Pooka came running to see what happened to his mom now. At this point I was laughing, as I couldn't believe what happened, was trying to reassure Lola it was OK, and not to be scared. Also I was thankful I hit the lower part of my face as opposed to my eye.

Am I sore? You bet. Is my face bruised, no...but my arm slightly is. And what about the cupcakes? How did they come out? DELICIOUS OF COURSE!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home