Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Recognizing the signs of hating my job

Everyone has good and bad days in their career. Some people are blessed to LOVE what they do for a living, and where they work. Some people HATE their jobs and having to do what they do for a paycheck. And some people just don't give a damn about where they work, what they do as long as they get a paycheck. I used to fall in to the category of being someone who loved their job.
Used to. Those are the key words. The entire first year at my company, I loved getting up and going in to the office. People used to be able to say 'hello' to one another without worrying about getting caught saying 'hello'. You would be busy all day, and be able to goof around with a coworker. If you had been assigned a project, and needed an extension on it...you didn't mind working late to finish it up.
The second year of being at my company brought about A LOT of changes. People are not allowed to talk to people in other departments without a comment being passed. Management does not crack jokes or even allow you to crack jokes any longer. Conspiracy theories and back-stabbing have gotten to become so out-of-hand it is pathetic. Salary increases are not coming down the pike, and employee moral is down. Hiring freezes, and company globalization has taken hold at my location.
Come August, I will be with my company for three years. And every day I pray to have the strength to come in and give a damn about my performance. But it is getting harder and harder.

  • Annoying co-worker is still as annoying if not more so. But it doesn't effect me as badly as I just tune him out, because I DON'T CARE.
  • I don't plod along in my duties at break-neck speed like I used to, or stay late every night like I once had.
  • Each morning, I dilly-dally at my home until the last possible minute before leaving for the office.
  • Co-workers who need me to type items for them, annoy me as they just don't care if I am working on something else.
  • I try to avoid walking through the building (to go potty, or to the mail room, or for tea) to avoid seeing people who work in the building. Because they want to socialize. And I DON'T WANT to.
  • I am exhausted every night and worn down every morning from the stress of working in such a negative atmosphere.
  • And I call in sick just because I don't feel like going in to work. And I don't feel guilty about it.

The bulleted items above have made me realize how UNHAPPY and how much I HATE my job. And now I have to face the decision on either staying and being miserable or making the move, and moving on. But I am all but positive my mind is made up...and it is time for me to move on.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger claire said...

    Why don't you make a pro/con list and see how many more cons there really are.

    And then flood the world with resumes.

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Orelinde_03 said...

    Yeah, I can do that. The interview I went on was only offering $10. per hour. WHO THE HELL can survive on that???

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home