Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Horseback riding in the dead of winter

Today my little cousin Karen and I went horseback riding. I feel so funny calling my cousins Nick, Christina and Karen my 'little cousins' as they all tower over me. But they are younger, and will always be my 'babies', hence they will always be my 'little cousins'.
Anyway, months ago Karen and I had discussed going horseback riding, and life as usual got hectic, and we never did it.I've been wanting to do something special, just Karen and I as we haven't hung out in quite awhile...plus in October I was in the city w/ Christina & co.
So the other day, Karen asks if we can go riding, as we never did it. And although winter is here, I didn't feel I could say 'no' to her as I wanted to keep my word by doing this with her. So even though it was FREEZING today, and the wind-chill factor made it feel like we were in Cyberia...I braved the cold, bundled up and off went. This was Karen's first time on a horse, and I was worried she may not enjoy it or get freaked out.
Yeah, I had nothing to worry about, with her. She was on a horse named Sampson, and had a great time, until Keith's horse took a massive shit right in front of her. Karen was afraid to kick her horse to make it canter or move faster, so I kept telling her. Then during our last canter I yelled a bit, so Sampson (her horse) for him to move. Which of course he did, and poor Karent hought she was going to fly out of her saddle.
I think the high-light and horror though of the ride was when we were going through a sand-pit. Keith was leading us, and Karen in the middle as she has never rode before. As Sweetpea and I were going through the sand she decides to plunk down....which was a new expierence for me. I didn't know why she was doing it, and before I could ask Keith...Sweetpea continued to roll( like a dog does) with me still on her! So as she is rolling, and I have my leg pinned under her I'm yelling 'THE HORSE IS ROLLING! THE HORSE IS ROLLING!!!' I was able to get my leg out from under the horse without really getting hurt, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. I am just so thankful it was me this happened to, instead of Karen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home