Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Meme wrap-up for 2008

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went on a mini-vacation completely by MYSELF...wound up sleeping in a room full of complete strangers, made friends on said trip and had a blast.


2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope, and it sucks. I am just not motivated.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope....thank God.


5. What countries did you visit?
As usual....NONE.


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More self confidance (which I am obtaining), financial stability, and a man. Not a boy...but a REAL man.


7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 15th, as that was the day we got Lola. (See Lola-Palooza)


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making new friends on my own.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to let go of stuff.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
LOL....chronic sinus issues, IBS w/ constipation, anxiety.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
My I-Pod Nano, my laptop.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Bono's, my mother's.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Live SciFi. Trying to swindle people out of their money.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, pets, anything and everything.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Picking up Lola, getting in to my paranormal investigative group.


16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
'So What' by Pink


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Sadderb) thinner or fatter? fatter.c) richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Saving more money...traveling more.


19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing out.


20. How did you spend Christmas?
With mom and Id a....it was MUCH BETTER in 2008, than in 2007.


21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
*Sigh* No.


22. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm sticking with my answers as always: SuperNatural, Grey's Antanomy, TRUEBLOOD!!!


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I hate to say it, but yeah....I do.

24. What was the best book you read?
'To Kill A MockingBird', and also 'Twilight'!!!


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Blue October! LOVE THEM!!! Just got tickets to see them in concert.


26. What did you want and get?
Confirmation of love and being watched over by two important people in my life.


27. What did you want and not get?
To go to Ireland.


28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Too many seen to remember. But Probably Iron Man, and TWILIGHT


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to dance class, had b-day cake at home. The next night we went to dinner in Port Jefferson. I had turned 32.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to go to Ireland.


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfort. it's all about comfort.


32. What kept you sane?
My cats. It may sound silly, but my cats know my every mood and emotion even if I do not voice it. ....they know. 2008 was a crying year for me, and the cats were there to comfort all the way through.


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Colin Farrell! Bono! Actually Brad Pitt for helping the people in New Orleans.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Having a black man be a candidate for the presidant.


35. Who did you miss?
My uncle. A special someone who lives in Florida. (Actually 2 in Florida)


36. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend Liz. She is a trooper, hystrical....kind, and someone I look up to.


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Speak up for yourself.


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.'So so what? I'm still a rock star. I've got my rock moves...and I don't need you. And guess what? I'm having more fun. Now that you're gone. Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na.'

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    You need to blog more. :) I like reading your voice, if that makes sense.

    *hugs and loves*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home