Sarcasm & Cynicism...served up by Single Grl

Life is full of stories and as they say the truth is stranger than fiction. Ask who knows me. I may speak softly, and I may look sweet. But under NO circumstances think for just one second that what you see is what you get. Because when you know me, know the real me you know that I'm anything but what you see. Most of the time. So read on my friends. And you will catch my gripping, views, sarcasm and dry of whit. Read on....I dare you.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My heart breaks for Rihanna

I am completely disgusted with the whole Rihanna/Chris Brown situation that is in the media. I have been a fan of Rihanna for a few years, think she is a beautiful young woman inside and out. As for Chris Brown, I don't know too much about him, other than he's in the music industry (and now an 'alleged' woman beater.)

Domestic violence is a horrible crime and is also almost always an endless cycle which moves from generation to generation. It is NEVER okay to hurt someone, regardless of hurting them with fists or words. I implore people that if you are a victim of domestic abuse to seek help! And know that if you're in a 'loving relationship' with someone who is hurting you, they are NOT going to change, and they are NOT sorry for hurting you. They will apologize afterwards, promise it will never happen again, and even try to make you 'see how it was your fault they hurt you.' But it is NEVER excusable, nor is it EVER your fault. Get help, and get out of the relationship.

My heart breaks for Rihanna, she is a kind woman who does much charrity work, has a foundation and went out on a mission to find a bone marrow match for a complete stranger. She has her life ahead of her. I am disappointed in Chris Brown.....by his actions, he has taught the youth that it is okay to use their fists. He has broken the hope of those less fortunate of making themselves better, those who looked up to Chris.

Chris Brown has lost several endorsments, and gigs due to the charges and investigation brought against him. And I AM GLAD. I think it is about time that a celebrity is held accountable for their actions. I hope that he learns from his mistake, and gets the counciling that he may need to heal from the troubles of his youth. I also hope to God that Rihanna moves on in her life, and away from Chris.

http://perezhilton.com/category/rihanna/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home